Friday 16 September 2011

Friday's Gay Video: Carlos


"Oh, Kenneth, Kenneth, believe me - there's nothing I'd rather do! I want like hell to tell you. But I can't. I quite literally can't. Because, don't you see, what I know is what I am? And I can't tell you that. You have to find it out for yourself. I'm like a book you have to read. A book can't read itself to you. It doesn't even know what it's about. I don't know what I'm about." 
A clip from the Tom Ford film A Single Man, based on the novel of the same name by Christopher Isherwood. This actually wasn't my first choice clip (that would be "Curtains, Old Man", which apparently doesn't exist on the internet, which is too bad because it's sweet and loving) , but I like this clip, too, which perfectly captures a) the sensuousness of Tom Ford's film (the shifts in intensity of colours being one of its very best features) and b) the tortured private sexual tension of the original novel.

Both film and book are well worth a go, if you feel like crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment