Monday 5 December 2011

Monday Music: The Saturnalia Effect OST (Part Two!)

Woohoo! After today, there's only two weeks until "The Saturnalia Effect" comes out! Are you excited yet? Because I am! Especially after seeing the rough of the incredibly sexy cover we're getting! I can't show it to you yet, but I promise as soon as I can, it'll be here, so watch this space! (Or my twitter, that's fine too!)

In the meantime, here is the promised soundtrack I made for it, featuring Mother Mother, Interpol, Harvey Danger, and more!







Tracklisting and lyrics after the jump!





The National, "Sorrow"

Sorrow found me when I was young
Sorrow waited, sorrow won
Sorrow they put me on the pill
It's in my honey, it's in my milk



Sufjan Stevens, "John Wayne Gacy, Jr."

And in my best behaviour
I am really just like him
Look beneath the floorboards
For the secrets I have hid


Harvey Danger, "What You Live By"

We could talk about the lives we’ve led
And count the reasons we’re not dead
Or maybe we could talk instead
About the ways in which we are



Interpol, "Narc"

Feast your eyes, I'm the only one
Control me, console me
'Cause that's just how it should be done.
Oh, all your history's like fire from a busted gun



Deerhunter, "Don't Cry"

Come on, little boy - 
I am your friend

And I understand
 the pain you're in

Come on, little boy. You don't need to cry.
You don't need to cry your eyes out.
Come on, kid! Keep your head up and fight.
You don't need to understand the reasons why


Mother Mother, "Calm Me Down"

Use your teeth and your mouth
Cut in me to pull it out
Oh no, I'm aroused now
I'm aroused
You better calm me down



The Dandy Warhols, "I Love You"

You make me feel really unsure,
But that should just make you feel secure.
Although we've only known each other a bit
Already I can't sleep at night and I feel like shit.
That's right.



Fleet Foxes, "Someone You'd Admire"

I walk with others in me yearning to get out
Claw at my skin and gnash their teeth and shout
One of them wants only to be someone you'd admire
One would as soon just throw you on the fire

After all is said and after all is done
God only knows which of them I'll become



Okkervil River, "A Glow"

You've got a glow
Climb into my arms with blood on your clothes
You've got a glow
And you're no one's but mine



Zach Gill, "Silent Night"

Silent night
Holy night
All is calm
And all is bright







No comments:

Post a Comment