Monday 30 January 2012

Happy February! Heidi and Violetta want to give you a Valentine's gift!

Okay, so it's not quite February yet. Let it never be said that I am not a keener.

Here are a couple things you should know about February:
1. My birthday is on the fourth. I am turning twenty-six! Okay I guess this is really only important to me and my mom, and maybe my husband because he has to remember to buy me a card.
2. My and Violetta's short story "Salting the Earth" has been accepted by Storm Moon Press and will be published as a part of their Like it or Not anthology! For a first-draft taste of the story, check out this WIP Wednesday post: Invitation or Orders.
3. VALENTINE'S DAY OMG.

And so! In the spirit of Valentine's Day, Violetta and I would like to give a special somebody a little gift!

Here's how to play: give us a prompt. You can comment on this post, @ us on twitter (@heidibelleau and @violettavane, find us on Facebook or G+, drop us an email, send us a postcard, carrier pigeon...)

The prompt can be a scenario (high school sweethearts meet up in their mid-thirties), a song ("Pokerface" by Lady Gaga), a photo (sexy or not!), a line of poetry... whatever! We'll choose one prompt to write a FREE short story about, and on Valentine's day, we'll post what we've come up with for everyone to enjoy!

Love is in the air! Happy prompting! :)

1 comment:

  1. "And into my garden stole
    When the night had veiled the pole;
    In the morning glad I see
    My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

    (last verse of 'A Poison Tree' by Blake)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete